Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Simple Teriyaki Chicken and Rice




While wandering through Trader Joe's, a bottle of teriyaki sauce stood out to me, and I just could not figure out where I had seen this before. I bought the bottle based on my curiosity, and once home, I figured it out! Cara (from Cara's Cravings) had mentioned this product a while back, and for whatever reason, it stuck with me. I decided to marinate chicken in this sauce, and just as Cara was, I was pleasantly surprised with the taste! The sauce is Soy Vey's Island Teriyaki Sauce and it is just delicious!

To accompany the chicken, I made some Asian/Hawaiian infused rice. I started with long grain rice, and once cooked, added to a wok. I mixed in a little of the Soy Vey Island Teriyaki, along with soy sauce, and light drizzle of olive oil. I tossed in a bad of frozen chopped veggies (peas, carrots, corn) and added in some fresh chopped pineapple as well. I also served this with a regular old salad, but the dressing was amazing! Again, a shout out to Trader Joe's, I used their Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette. YUM!

I was worried that there was too much of the teriyaki influence in this meal, but really, everything worked nicely together and my husband and I were quite satisfied with this meal! The left over chicken made a wonderful teriyaki salad for lunch the next day as well!

No comments: