Monday, July 30, 2007

Teriyaki Chicken and Shrimp Skewers



Tonight I decided to use up the rest of the Soy Vey Island Teriyaki Sauce I had in the fridge. I have mentioned this sauce before, and I am in love! It is YUMMY! I glazed chicken breasts and shrimp with the sauce, and grilled on skewers along with sliced, fresh pineapple. Here are the details…

Chicken breasts, cleaned and cubed (I used 3)
10 jumbo cooked, frozen shrimp, thawed
1/4 of sliced, fresh pineapple

I cubed the chicken and marinated for about ½ hour. Once marinated, I filled the skewers with the chicken, and prepped the pineapple and shrimp skewers as well. (For the shrimp, I poured the sauce over the shrimp right before assembling the skewers). I did separate chicken, shrimp, and pineapple skewers because of the differences in cooking times. I placed the chicken on the grill, and brushed with additional sauce from time to time. Once the chicken had been turned and cooked an additional few minutes, I placed the shrimp on the grill. Once I turned the shrimp and brushed all skewers with sauce, I added the pineapple to the grill.



As a side, I served some asparagus I had on hand. I wasn’t in the mood for it, and didn’t really feel like it went with the meal, but I didn’t want it to spoil, so I washed, trimmed, and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and some of the teriyaki sauce. I placed in a foil packet, and added to the grill. I served this to my husband, but I skipped on the veggie.

I wanted to serve the skewers on top of a salad, so I went to work on creating one… I used bagged lettuce (I know, I know, but it is so darn easy!). Today at the store I chose one with romaine, iceberg, radicchio, and carrots. I added cucumber slices and red onion to the salad, and toasted some sesame seeds as well. I topped with Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette.

Once the skewers were done, I took them apart and reassembled for presentation purposes. This was a simple but tasty meal!!!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love soy vey!!