Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lots of Minty-Chocolately Goodness!



Chocolate Chip and Peppermint Crunch Cookies

I made this recipe way back in December as I was eager to try out some new cookie recipes. I found this recipe on epicurious.com and thought is sounded intersting and different, unlike the typical cookies I make during the holidays. I followerd the recipe nearly exactly. I made the batter and refrigerated overnight. The batter was incredibly tough and sticky, so it was a bit hard to work with and quite messy, but really it was the perfect consistency to create the right shape and texture. I made this and arranged on plates along with my bark and some peppermint brownies that I threw together and gave as Christmas presents to a bunch of people at work and some neighbors. These cookies got 2 thumbs up all the way around, so I guess they are a keeper!


Peppermint Brownies

The brownies were really an afterthough, but made a nice addition to my holiday treats platter. I used Ina's "outrageous" brownie recipe and just made a few small additions. I added a few drops of peppermint extract to the batter, as well as mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and some of the crushed peppermint from the recipe above. Yum!

No comments: