Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spinach Ravioli with Lemon White Wine Sauce



This is really more of a “semi-homemade” meal, although I hate to use that term because I do despise Sandra Lee! My husband hates ricotta cheese. It is one of my favorites! That makes for a tough life for me, let me tell you! But, he was away on business the other night, so I was able to indulge in some spinach and ricotta ravioli from Trader Joe’s. I boiled according to the directions on the package. I knew I wanted some sort of sauce, and based on a quick inventory of items in my cabinets and fridge, I came up wit the following…

I started by heating a handful of frozen spinach as well as a handful of artichoke hearts in a sauté pan with a little water. Once heated through, and once most of the water had been absorbed, I poured some (sorry, not good with measurements on this one) white wine (chardonnay to be exact) into the pan, followed by a quick turn of extra virgin olive oil. I let the wine cook out a bit, then added the juice from half of a small lemon. I let simmer for about 5 minutes. While simmering, I added some minced garlic (1 clove) to a pan, and added to the sauce after the 5 minutes, along with a dab of SmartBalance Light buttery spread. I finished it off with some fresh flat leaf parsley and grated parmesean cheese and viola, dinner for one was served!

No comments: