Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Balsamic Sirloin Salad



The salad trend continues…

Tonight I prepared some sirloin tips in a balsamic marinate to serve over a light, crisp salad. I drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil in a plastic bag, and then added balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves of minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. I refrigerated for about 1 hour.

I prepared the salad with romaine lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, red onion, and sautéed mushrooms in a balsamic glaze. Once the meat was done, I let it rest, sliced, and placed on top of the salad.


For the dressing, I combined balsamic vinegar, Trader Joe’s reduced sugar apricot preserves, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and a clove of garlic. I pulsed to combine and then streamed in extra virgin olive oil. Matt and I both LOVED the dressing! The apricot preserves were a great compliment and contrast to the bite of balsamic vinegar. I will definitely using that combo again soon!

No comments: