Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mango Chili Chicken



I was desperate for spring today! So, I created a meal with lots of “spring-y” influences. I had a bottle of mango-chili vinegar in my pantry, and that set off my inspiration.
Marinated Chicken Breasts:
4 tbsp. mango-chili vinegar (Trader Joe’s)
Salt
Pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
¼ cup pineapple juice
4 tbsp. mango ginger chutney (Trader Joe’s)

I let the chicken marinate for about 45 minutes, and then broiled them. It would also be delicious grilled, but my neighbor was borrowing my grill pan, and it was still too chilly to get the Weber going outside! When I flipped the chicken, I basted with the marinade for a few minutes, making sure some of the mango, ginger, and chili “chunks” made it onto the chicken.

Salad Dressing:
Splash of pineapple juice
2 tbsp. mango-chili vinegar
Fresh ground ginger
1 tsp. honey
White wine vinegar
3(ish) tbsp. mango ginger chutney
Salt
Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil

I combined all ingredients but the olive oil in my mini-prep food processor. I pulsed for a few seconds and once combined, I streamed in the olive oil. I don’t have exact amounts for some of the ingredients because I mostly just “eye-balled” it until it was the right consistency. I poured the dressing over a garden salad with red onions and fresh mango slices.

I served this meal with some oven roasted asparagus (I roasted with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic).

No comments: