Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Turkey Tenderloin with a Raspberry Thyme Glaze



I had a turkey tenderloin in the freezer, so I decided to make use of it tonight. I seasoned the turkey with salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme and roasted for an hour and 30 minutes at 325 degrees (followed direction from butcher).

I decided to “whip up” a sauce to accompany the tenderloin using some raspberry preserves and white wine. I say “whip up” only because I truly stood in front of my pantry and the fridge until I had concocted a sauce in my mind. I heated a pan and added 3(ish) tablespoons of raspberry preserves, about ¼ cup chicken stock, and a few splashes of white wine. I finely diced some shallots and minced some garlic to add to the sauce, as well as tossing in some dried thyme, salt, and pepper. I simmered for a few minutes until it reduced a bit, and then added a mixture of 1 tsp. flour with 1 tsp. cold water. I stirred until thickened and kept warm until ready to serve.

I served the meal with green beans, coated lightly in a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and Jane’s Crazy Salt (a mixture of a variety of salts…my dad ALWAYS had this in the house, and when I saw it in the store the other day, I had to buy it!) and brown rice, which I cooked with chicken stock and a bay leaf for added flavor.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Nice! I just bought a whole bunch of turkey - cutlets and tenderloins - because there was a good sale going on. Such a nice alternative to chicken!