Monday, June 23, 2008

Pesto Turkey Burgers




In the spring and summer, I am obsessed with the grill. I will cook anything on the grill. Burgers, a easy favorite for the grill, are no exception. This time, though, I wanted to change it up. I was using ground turkey, for one…but also wanted a different taste. I had some basil, and had gotten some fresh mozzarella, so I decided to work with that.

I mixed the ground turkey with balsamic vinegar, a touch of extra virgin olive oil, pesto I had previously frozen (one ice-cubed size portion), garlic, and salt and pepper. I formed into patties and grilled them up. I served the burgers in whole wheat pitas with a combination of asiago and parm. regianno cheeses and some fresh basil leaves.

As a side, I served a tomato and mozzarella salad. I sliced grape tomatoes in half and combined them with fresh mozzarella balls (also sliced in half), fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and dried thyme

No comments: