Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pork Chops with Cranberry-Thyme Pan Sauce



This recipe was AWESOME! I loved it! Matt and I felt the need to change things up, and boneless pork chops seemed the way to go. But, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them...until I came across this epicurious recipe. I followed the recipe nearly exactly, although I did make a few adjustments, which I listed below:

* pork took longer to cook, because I some HUGE boneless chops!
* I used more wine and more cranberry sauce
* I used shallots instead of green onions

The pork came out perfectly and the sauce was amazingly delicious! I served this with cinnamon nutmeg apple slices and a mixed green salad.

For the apples, I sliced and peeled 2 medium sized apples. I placed in a small pot and added a touch of water. I simmered until softened, and added cinnamon and nutmeg as they cooked. I placed the apples on top of the pork, after I had spooned on the sauce.

For the salad, I tossed mixed greens with crumbled turkey bacon, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and honey goat cheese. For the dressing, I combined a few tablespoons of cider vinegar, some apple cider, a tiny bit of honey, shallots, and some salt and pepper. I streamed in extra virgin olive oil, and voila!

Matt hates goat cheese, so I omitted it on his salad, and cooked up some brown rice for him as well, as he feared the meat and salad would not be enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great!!