Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies



Last weekend I had the pleasure of having a pumpkin whoopie pie. I thought about that whoopie pie ALL WEEK LONG, and couldn’t wait to try and recreate the delectable treat myself! I searched for the perfect recipe, and settled on this recipe from allrecipes.com. I really didn’t make any changes, except for the filling. In terms of the actual batter, I don’t think I would change anything…they turned out great. I did use pancake/egg rings to get the exact, circular shape that I wanted, and that worked out really well. In the picture on the allrecipes website, it looks as though you could also spiral the batter onto a baking sheet using a pastry bag.

Because I wanted a lighter and not so sweet filling, I simply mixed whipping cream with a little Splenda in my mixer. I refrigerated for a few hours to stiffen it up and spread on the pies.

The pies were AMAZING! The consistency was perfect, they were dense and slightly chewy, just as a pumpkin dessert should be. And, I am glad I decided on the lighter filling, as it was the perfect subtle compliment to the pumpkin.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

mmmm...these look great!