Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Giada's Banana Muffins


I had four over-ripe bananas in my kitchen, and was looking for an alternative to banana bread. I use my mom's banana bread recipe and LOVE it, but I was in the mood for a change. I remembered Giada's muffin recipe, and decided to give it a whirl.

I followed the recipe nearly exactly, although I did add in cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter, which I think was a nice (and needed) addition.

I didn’t make the frosting to go along with the muffins, so I topped each muffin with chopped walnuts before baking. If you are a real nut-lover, I think adding walnuts to the batter would be excellent as well.


The muffins were really easy to make and baked perfectly. I was very happy with the results. Both Matt and I brought these into work to share with our coworkers, and everyone agreed that this recipe was a keeper.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This has been my standard banana muffin recipe for years - I love how moist and sweet they are! And I never put the frosting on either ;-)

That Girl said...

The tops are great looking!