Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grilled Quesadillas



I am obsessed with the grill. So now that it is nice outside, I use the grill nearly every night. Tonight I made a variation of my chicken quesadilla recipe. I changed it up a bit, marinating the chicken in extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic powder, salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and cumin.

I grilled the chicken breast and then assembled the quesadillas right on the grill. I used low carb wheat and flax tortillas. In the quesadillas, I used light pepper jack cheese, a little shredded Mexican, the sliced chicken, cilantro, peppers, mushroom, and onions (which I had sautéed with garlic and salt and pepper) and green onions. Once cheese started to melt, I topped with the other tortilla, flipped and grilled for a few more minutes.

I mixed together some sour cream, lime juice, zest, cilantro and green onions together as a dip for my quesadillas. Yum!

No comments: