Saturday, April 5, 2008

Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze




I needed to make desserts for a family party, and I really wanted to try something new. I was also anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring and warmer temperatures, so I was eager to try out a light, springy recipe. I stumbled on Giada’s Lemon Ricotta Cookies and was quite intrigued. Ricotta in a cookie? I thought perhaps this would allow for a more delicate texture and decided to give them a shot.

I followed the recipe nearly exactly. I did add slightly more zest (I zested one and a half lemons) and I did add a little more flour at the end, just before I was ready to spoon onto the baking sheets. The batter was quite sticky, and I panicked for a moment, added a bit more flour (which didn’t reduce the stickiness) and then just decided to trust the recipe. Well, the stickiness was no issue really, other than the fight I had getting the batter of the spoon, because the cookies were FABULOUS! Definitely the best cookies I have ever made. They were perfectly cooked and they rose into the perfect little shape.

For the glaze, I did find that I needed more lemon juice to get everything to the right consistency. I just kept squeezing a little bit in until I felt it was spreadable without being too watery.

I highly, highly, highly recommend these cookies!!!!!

No comments: