Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grilled Chicken Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette



Tonight I decided to use up some cilantro that I had in my fridge, so I made a quick salad consisting of grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, radicchio, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and served with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.

For the chicken, I marinated it in a mixture of:
extra virgin olive oil
red pepper flakes
juice of 2 limes (mine were NOT juicy at all)
lime zest
minced garlic
paprika
salt
pepper

For the dressing, I combined the following ingredients in my mini-prep food processor:
white wine vinegar
a touch of honey
lime juice
lime zest
handful of fresh cilantro
minced garlic (maybe 1 teaspoon)
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes

Once mixed, I streamed in extra virgin olive oil to taste.

This salad was a light, refreshing meal. The spices on the chicken worked well with the freshness of the cilantro vinaigrette.

No comments: